The countdown is officially on and what better way to welcome in the new year with a refreshing cocktail recipe? Rather than toast with the traditional drink of champagne, try an alternative that everyone can enjoy, punch. This stunning Cranberry Swirl Punch is the perfect drink for events where you have designated drivers as you can make it non-alcoholic. If you do fancy a tipple, it’s easy to quickly add a splash of vodka to really accentuate the flavours of the cranberry!
FOR THE PUNCH (MAKES 1.5 LITRES)
- 500ml cranberry juice
- 50ml pineapple juice
- 165g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 500ml ginger beer
- A few fresh cranberries
- A few fresh pomegranate seeds
- A few sprigs of mint
- NOTE: Add a slug of vodka if you want to make this punch alcoholic
- PopaBall® Rose Gold Shimmer for Prosecco
- A little lime zest (optional)
- Rosemary sprigs
- In a large bowl or measuring jug, stir together the cranberry and pineapple juice, sugar and almond extract until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Add the ginger beer and stir gently. Pour into a serving jug and add a few cranberries, pomegranate seeds and sprigs of mint to flavour.
- Pour into glasses over ice, then sprinkle a little of the rose gold shimmer into each glass and stir for a shimmery serving. Finish with a little lime zest, if using.
Tip – If you’re serving the punch as soon as you’ve made it, you could swirl some Shimmer into the jug just before pouring.