Terms & Conditions
These Terms will apply to any contract between us for the sale of Products to you (Contract). Please read these Terms carefully and make sure that you understand them, before ordering any Products from Our Site. Please note that before placing an order you will be asked to agree to these Terms. If you refuse to accept these Terms, you will not be able to order any Products from Our Site.
We amend these Terms from time to time as set out in clause 8. Every time you wish to order Products, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time. These Terms were most recently updated on 01/06/2016
These Terms, and any Contract between us, are only in the English language.
1. 1. Information about us
2. 1.1 We operate the website https://www.robertgoddard.co.uk/. We are Robert Goddard Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 06530796 and with our registered office at:
Robert Goddard Ltd
Our VAT number is GB927 3624 13
1. 1.2 Contacting us if you are a consumer:
2. (a) To cancel a Contract in accordance with your legal right to do so as set out in clause 9, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to email us email@example.com or contact our Customer Services team by telephone on 0800 612 6044. If you are emailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it.
If you send us your cancellation notice by email, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the email or post the letter to us.
3. (b) If you wish to contact us for any other reason, including because you have any complaints, you can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0800 612 6044 or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. (c) If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by email or by prepaid post to the address you provide to us in your order.
5. 1.3 Contacting us if you are a business. You may contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 0800 612 6044 or by emailing us at email@example.com If you wish to give us formal notice of any matter in accordance with these Terms, please see clause 19.3.
6. 2. Our Products
7. 2.1 The images of the Products on Our Site are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your computers display of the colours accurately reflect the colour of the Products. Your Products may vary slightly from those images.
8. 2.2 Every effort has been made to ensure that the specification and description of all Products is correct on our website. If you have any queries regarding the specification of Products please contact us before placing your order to request further information. We will endeavour where possible to provide you with more detailed information.
9. 2.3 Please note that some of our products are handmade, and each piece may vary from another and such variations add to the uniqueness and character of our Products. These variations or differences do not constitute grounds for refund or return under these Terms and Conditions or any other agreement between us.
10.2.4 The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
11.2.5 The packaging of the Products may vary from that shown on images on Our Site.
12.3. Use of Our Site
Your use of Our Site is governed by our Terms of website use. Please take the time to read it, as it includes important terms which apply to you.
1. 4. How we use your personal information
1. 5. If you are a consumer
This clause 5 only applies if you are a consumer.
1. 5.1 If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Products from Our Site if you are at least 18 years old.
2. 6. If you are a business customer
This clause 6 only applies if you are a business.
1. 6.1 If you are not a consumer, you confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use Our Site to purchase Products.
2. 6.2 These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitutes the entire agreement between you and us and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
3. 6.3 You acknowledge that in entering into this Contract you do not rely on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them.
4. 6.4 You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Contract.
5. 7. How the contract is formed between you and us
6. 7.1 The advertising of products on our website constitutes an invitation to treat.
7. 7.2 Our shopping pages will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
8. 7.3 After you place an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in clause 7.4.
9. 7.4 We will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an email (Dispatch Confirmation). The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
10.7.5 We reserve the right to reject any offer of purchase by you at any point and may not send you a Dispatch Confirmation.
11.7.6 If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on Our Site as referred to in clause 12.5, we will inform you of this by email and we may choose not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
12.8. Our right to vary these Terms
13.8.1 We amend these Terms from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Terms were last updated and which Terms were changed.
14.8.2 Every time you order Products from us, the Terms in force at the time of your order will apply to the Contract between you and us.
15.8.3 We may revise these Terms as they apply to your order from time to time to reflect the following circumstances:
16.(a) changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
17.8.4 If we have to revise these Terms as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel the Contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected Products or just the Products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
18.9. Your consumer right of return and refund
This clause 19 only applies if you are a consumer.
19.1 If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below in clause 9.2(a). This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens? Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
19.2 However, this cancellation right does not apply in the case of:
1. (a) sealed or unopened goods, once these Products are unsealed, opened and/or tampered with after you we dispatch them. This does not include customs searches.
4. (b) any Products which become mixed inseparably with other items after their delivery.
5. (c) any Products which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons.
6. (d) any Products which have been made to your specifications or are personalised for you.
7. 9.3 Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we email you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
Your Contract End of the cancellation period
Your Contract is for a single Product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days).
The end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Product. For Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the Product on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January.
Your Contract is for either of the following:
one Product which is delivered in instalments on separate days.
multiple Products which are delivered on separate days.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the Product or the last of the separate Products ordered. For Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the first instalment of your Product or the first of your separate Products on 10 January and the last instalment or last separate Product on 15 January you may cancel in respect of all instalments and any or all of the separate Products at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 29 January.
Your Contract is for the regular delivery of a Product over a set period.
The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of the Products. For Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January in respect of Products to be delivered at regular intervals over a year and you receive the first delivery of your Product on 10 January, you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January. 24 January is the last day of the cancellation period in respect of all Products to arrive during the year.
Should you request a refund for one item after purchasing using a Spend and Save code (where you have purchased more than one item) please note that the original minimum spend still must be met for the offer to apply. If this refund brings the order under the minimum spend, the amount refund will reflect the threshold being met
Spend £150 and save £20%
Order total: £200
Returned item: £60
This means the order total is now under the threshold of the offer and the returned funds issued would be £48
19.4 To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to email us firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Customer Services team by telephone on 0800 612 6044 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.)
1. 10.1 . Robert Goddard Limited are not responsible for any extra fees once your order has left the United Kingdom, including:
2. (a) Customs and import charges
3. (b) Delays caused by natural occurrences or transportation strikes
4. (c) Transfers between couriers
20. Newsletter Terms and Conditions
By subscribing to our newsletter you agree to receive email communication from us. The aim of our newsletter is to keep our customers updated about with the latest news and content from Robert Goddard. The subscription to our newsletter service is not mandatory and you can opt out at any time via a link on the email or directly contact us.
We reserve the right to unsubscribe users from our newsletter without notice.
We require all subscribers to confirm their email address upon registration. You will therefor receive a message with a link you'll have to click in order to confirm the email address and your will to subscribe. We also offer customers the option to tailor their experience by completing a preferences form. This form is not mandatory. The information provided is secure and only used to tailor email marketing if opted in.
We will not communicate, share or publish your personal details. You have the option to unsubscribe and delete your account at anytime.